Kids can be so high energy and they often get bored easily. Especially when you are stuck at home all day long!
Whether it be spring break, Christmas break, summer break or the weekend it’s nice to have a list of so many things that y’all can do to stay busy and entertained!
Disclaimer: I get commissions for purchases made through links in this post at no extra charge to you.Read the full disclosure here.
I remember babysitting and it felt like I could never find things to do besides go outside and play. Which isn’t a bad thing, but having so many different options is a good thing.
I’ve asked many of my mom friends to get as many possible ideas as I could for all y’all!
All of these activities can be done at home and with things you have around the house!
Some of them will have links to other posts if you want to make the items homemade.
Save this list for later when you feel like you want to rip your hair out and can’t find things to do with your kids.
At Home Activities
- Rice sensory bin, you could even do rainbow rice
- Play dress up
- Play dough with cookie cutters. Here is an edible play dough recipe!
- Moon Sand
- Paper airplane race
- Hide and go seek
- Find rocks outside and paint them
- Homemade Shrinky Dinks
- Make finger puppets and record a puppet show
- Draw or color
- Make a comic book
- Freeze toys in water and let the kids play with the ice till the toys come out
- Sensory bottles
- Bath time with toys or bath paints
- Make a book together
- Have a building contest
- Bowling with empty soda cans
- Saran wrap ball with toys and treats intertwined
- Dance party
- Talent show
- Board games
- Write letters to friends or family
- Finger paint
- Picnic in the backyard
- Balloon volleyball
- Rainbow spaghetti
- Create a movie together
- Go on a walk
- Simon says
- Scavenger hunt
- Make a playhouse out of cardboard
- Make costumes out of cardboard
- Decorate windows
- Play with shaving cream and add food coloring or toys
- Fly a kite
- Create an obstacle course
- Build castles with ice cubes or sugar cubes
- Create instruments and play music
- Listen to audio books or podcasts
- Call a loved one
- Make slime
- Do kids yoga from YouTube or workout together
- Have a race outside
- Tell a story
- Marco Polo inside or outside
- Paint jars
- Chalk art
- Do a treasure hunt
- Bean bag toss
- Hacky sack
- Play toilet tag (it’s like freeze tag, but the person freezes like a toilet and someone has to flush their finger to unfreeze them)
- Have a freeze dance party (dance, someone yells freeze, dance, then freeze)
- Red rover
- Red light, green light
- Follow a kids karate video on YouTube
- Indoor puddle jumping, jump on blue construction paper
- Learn magic tricks together
I hope y’all enjoy these activities and if y’all have any more ideas comment them below for other mammas!